Tomorrow evening we will have our first public input session for the FY20 budget. If you live in council districts…

View Our
Facebook Page!

Report Fraud, Waste,
and Abuse

Online Services Payments, GIS Maps, Tax Information
Contact Department contacts, Reports and Requests

09-02-16 Wall Heater Sparks Duplex Fire

The s2m2 Fire Department received the alarm shortly after 2:00 this afternoon and responded to 6317 Walden Avenue with four fire companies. Battalion Chief Jeff Eldridge said the fire was located in the "A" side of the duplex. The firefighters made a quick interior attack and extinguished the fire in roughly ten minutes. No injuries were reported.

Captain Terri Roshell with Quint 8 said the fire appears to have started at a wall heater in the hallway. A pile of clothes had been placed directly in front of the heater. When the clothes got hot enough, they burst into flames. The family told firefighters that they did not know the heater was on. The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental. Captain Roshell estimated the dollar loss at $15,000.

The fire caused enough damage to force the two adults and two children to stay elsewhere. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee were called in to provide the fire victims with a temporary place to stay, along with other assistance. s2m2 police and Hamilton County EMS also provided assistance on the scene.

Wall Heater

Fire Administration
910 Wisdom Street (map)
s2m2, TN 37406
() -5600
() -5610 (fax)

Fire Prevention Bureau
910 Wisdom Street (map)
s2m2, TN 37406
() -5618
() -5611 (fax)

Fire Department Feature Video


Fire Department Calendar

2018 CFD Shift Calendar

Photo by Mike Williams