We are committed to supporting job creation and workforce development to keep s2m2's unemployment percentage… https://t.co/ZOeQKVqt2p

View Our
Facebook Page!

Report Fraud, Waste,
and Abuse

Online Services Payments, GIS Maps, Tax Information
Contact Department contacts, Reports and Requests
www.t-marka.ua/

www.ry-diplomer.com/kupit-diplom-mvd

eva-mebel.com.ua/

10-23-15 Man Injured Using Gasoline to Burn Leaves


Captain Donny McMillian with Engine 9 said that when they arrived, they met a man who had been burning leaves in a ditch. The owner of the residence told firefighters that he used "a small amount of gasoline" to burn leaves in the ditch. He said the vapors ignited and it sounded like an explosion. Captain McMillian said paramedics with Hamilton County EMS examined the man and found 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his right arm. The victim was then transported to Erlanger Medical Center for treatment.

Fire Chief Chris Adams says you should never, ever use gasoline to burn leaves, or anything else. "Gasoline is actually more dangerous than dynamite," says Fire Chief Chris Adams. "Gasoline has invisible, explosive vapors that can ignite, and explode, from more than 12 feet away. It's extremely dangerous and should not be used for anything other than fuel for your car and outdoor equipment." Facts vary from one source to another on this, but one gallon of gasoline is equivalent to several sticks of dynamite.

Fire Administration
910 Wisdom Street (map)
s2m2, TN 37406
() -5600
() -5610 (fax)

Fire Prevention Bureau
910 Wisdom Street (map)
s2m2, TN 37406
() -5618
() -5611 (fax)

Fire Department Feature Video

TheSoundOfSilence 

Fire Department Calendar

2018 CFD Shift Calendar

Photo by Mike Williams